Careers and Employment Opportunities
IAC’s philosophy is to pass along a legacy of solid, academically-based scholarship applied to CRM projects to a new generation of archaeologists so that they can continue as the vanguard in protecting our valuable archaeological resources.
IAC believes in supporting archaeologists as the professionals that they are trained to be.
IAC currently maintains a full-time year-round staff of seven, adding one or two archaeological technicians for intermittent short term projects in New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
We are currently seeking a Project Archaeologists to join our staff in Portsmouth New Hampshire.
The successful candidate must possess demonstrable skills in cultural resources management (CRM) survey from managing field projects and crew to producing a well written and comprehensive technical report of findings. Proficiency in both Pre-Contact and Post-Contact material culture is preferred, although we will consider applicants with strengths only in Post-Contact archaeology.
• Graduate degree in Anthropology or Archaeology
• A minimum of two years supervisory and project management experience
• Strong writing skills
• Proficiency or experience with ESRI® ArcGIS (or similar GIS software)
• Ability to systematically excavate/interpret cultural features at sites spanning Pre- and Post-Contact eras
• Ability to manage multiple projects within budgetary limits
• Ability to identify, catalog, analyze and provide written interpretation of Post-Contact artifacts
• Ability to perform strenuous archaeological fieldwork outdoors in a variety of weather conditions; hike for extended periods of time in challenging terrain
• Be able to travel for fieldwork as required
• Maintain a valid Driver’s license
• Have access to a reliable vehicle for travel and transportation of equipment
IAC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, email Stephanie Douglas, firstname.lastname@example.org, the following:
• cover letter
• salary requirements
• three examples of technical writing for which the applicant is sole or primary author